For many people, visiting Machu Picchu is a longed-for trip, so we would like to help you by providing updated information regarding the purchasing of Machu Picchu Tickets online.
Many sites talk about this topic but just a few will tell you about the new rates and rules for 2021.
Just a couple of months ago many people were so confused at booking their Machu Picchu Tickets through the official website (www.machupicchu.gob.pe). The system didn’t allow us to book tickets for 2021, however, we already know that tickets are available from December 1st and hopefully we have now the certainty that our visit to Machu Picchu is guaranteed.
In this post, we provide you the new rates to get your Machu Picchu Tickets as well as a useful guide for purchasing it online step-by-step!
MACHU PICCHU TICKET PRICING FOR 2021
1) Machu Picchu Site Only: This ticket provides entry to Machu Picchu Terraces and Citadel as well as the Sun Gate & the Puente Inca. Only 2500 places available every day. Ticket Cost 2017 => 152.00 soles (45.00 USD)
2) Machu Picchu & Mountain (Montaña): This ticket provides entry to Machu Picchu site but also to climb the Mountain (10 111 ft/3 082 m). Don’t get confused with the Huayna Picchu Mountain, the Montaña Machu Picchu is taller and less busy than the famous Huayna Picchu. 2 times slots are available, either at 7 a.m or 9 a.m. Only 400 places available every day. Ticket Cost 2019 => 200.00 soles (60.00 USD)
3) Machu Picchu & Huayna Picchu: This ticket provides entry to the famous Huayna Picchu. Yes! The same peak that you see in every postcard, the same one 🙂 However, notice that buying a ticket for Huayna Picchu must be done in advance since A LOT of people struggle for that ticket and only 400 places are available. Our recommendation is to book it at least 3 months before. Ticket Cost 2019 => 200.00 soles (59.00 USD)
Note: Students rates for Machu Picchu 2019 & Children between ages 8-17 is 77 soles (23.00 USD).
|Machu Picchu Ticket Rates 2017|
|Machu Picchu City||152.00 Soles||77.00 Soles|
|Machu Picchu & Huayna Picchu||200.00 Soles||125.00 Soles|
|Machu Picchu & Montaña||200.00 Soles||125.00 Soles|
|Machu Picchu Afternoon Schedule (13h00)||100.00 Soles||50.00 Soles|
|Machu Picchu Site Museum||22.00 Soles||11.00 Soles|
HOW TO BUY MACHU PICCHU TICKETS ONLINE STEP-BY-STEP
Although many people prefer to buy their Machu Picchu tickets upon arrival in Cusco, it would be advisable to purchase it in advance, above all when you’re planning to visit Machu Picchu during the high season (May-September). You will certainly avoid making long lines to buy your tickets and save precious time for exploring the city instead. That’s why we show you the right way to buy your Machu Picchu Tickets online for 2021.
Step 1: GO TO THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF MINISTRY OF CULTURE
The official website (www.machupicchu.gob.pe) is the only site you can buy tickets at the right price. If you search more on Google, you will probably find more sites offering Machu Picchu entrance tickets but notice that the price displayed is more expensive because of additional commissions they charge you. Below we will explain to you more about this topic, in the meantime, we’ll show you how to get your tickets directly!
- Select the date of your visit.
- Select the number of visitors.
- Click on “availability”.
Step 2: Choose the time of your visit.
Choose the time of your visit. You can choose a specific time from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. For example, if you buy your ticket at 10:00 am, you can enter from 10 am onwards for a period of 4 hours.
- Select your visit time and click on “select”.
STEP 3 – FILL IN YOUR INFORMATION
- Select your country.
- Fill in your passport information, first and last name, date of birth and gender.
- Verify that the information submitted and click “next”.
STEP 4 – VALIDATE YOUR INFORMATION
- Click on “I confirm that the passenger information is correct”.
- Accept the terms of sale. Click on “I confirm that I have read and accepted the terms and conditions”.
STEP 5 – COMPLETE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
- Enter a valid email account.
- Re-enter the same email account.
- Validate the captcha.
- Click on “Generate”
STEP 6 – PAYMENT
Go to the “payment method” section and select the card you want to pay with . There are 2 cards available, Visa & MasterCard. Click on “Continue”.
1) Click on “pay here”
2) Complete the form with the details of your card.
Once the payment is made, you will receive your entrance ticket at the e-mail address provided above.
Important: We suggest writing your reservation code in case you need to reprint your ticket.
FREQUENT ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the price of Machu Picchu tickets?
The tickets cost 152.00 soles ($ 48) for adults and 70 soles ($ 23) for children under 18 years of age. If you want to make the payment online or with a credit card, there is a fee transaction of almost 5%.
How do visiting hours work?
The entrance to Machu Picchu is by hours. For example, if you buy a ticket for 8:00 am, you can only enter from 8:00 am. If you arrive later, at 9:00 or 10:00 am, you can also enter. The visit to Machu Picchu lasts an average of 3 hours.
Is it necessary to buy the tickets in advance?
We recommend making the purchase of your tickets to Machu Picchu in advance because the number of tickets is limited. If you have difficulties with the purchase of your ticket write us to firstname.lastname@example.org to assist you.
How do I buy tickets for the Huayna Picchu mountain?
If you want to buy tickets to climb the Huayna Picchu mountain, we recommend doing it at least 3 months in advance, since there are only 400 spots available every day. In the same way, you can contact us to help you with your purchase.
How do I buy tickets for children?
You can buy tickets for children through the website (see step 1). Children from 8 to 17 years old pay 70 soles, and children under 8 years old enter for free.
How do I buy tickets for students?
Students under 25 have a discount by presenting their student card. The purchase is not made online. Only in the offices of Cusco. The cost for the student ticket is 77.00 soles (22.00 €). For more information regarding Machu Picchu tickets for students, check out our post.
Can I buy tickets at Machu Picchu?
It is not possible to buy them in the same Inca citadel, but it is possible to buy them in the town of Aguas Calientes. However, tickets will be subject to availability and can only be paid in cash.
Is it necessary to hire a guide to visit Machu Picchu?
We recommend hiring a professional tour guide who will provide you with all the historical, archaeological and natural information of the place. You will find many guides at the entrance of Machu Picchu that offer their guidance services at all times. If you want to hire an all-inclusive tour, we invite you to check our day trip to Machu Picchu by train.
Is there a refund for the purchase of tickets?
It is possible to make changes of date and name under extra fees. However, there is no refund once the purchase is made.
I have problems to buy the ticket online, what do I do?
The website of the ministry of culture usually has problems when booking tickets to Machu Picchu. If you have difficulties with the purchase, you can contact the call center +51 84 582030.
If you do not have a quick answer, you can also contact us at email@example.com
Where are the offices to buy the ticket to Machu Picchu?
There are 2 offices in Cusco that attend from Monday to Saturday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
1) Garcilaso Street SN – Garcilaso House Museum.
2) Maruri Street – Cusicancha.
And an office in the town of Aguas Calientes:
1) Culture Center – Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu town
Can you book my tickets for Machu Picchu?
Of course, we can book your tickets to Machu Picchu.
Forget about queues, stress, etc. Contact us through our email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you on your trip. We have the best prices for you and your family.
• On your trip date, do not forget to take your passport with you.
• Once you have booked your ticket, you need to buy your train tickets, for more information about trains to Machu Picchu, read our post.
• If you want to book a trip to Machu Picchu all-inclusive (tickets, guide, train, transfers, etc.). Contact one of our agents through email@example.com. We have the best prices and the best recommendations on TripAdvisor.
Just in case you need further information about traveling in Machu Picchu, tours, guides or any other service you might need, don’t hesitate to contact us. We are Machu Picchu Explorer and we will more than happy to assist you in planning your trip of a lifetime in Peru.